Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Just keep swimming....


So life continues on! This semseter was projected to be a busy one, and it has proven to be just that! I'm currently taking 17 credits (which includes one of the hardest classes offered in my major... :/!) I'm also a committee member for the Sudent Spirit Events board. Up to this week I was part of the student government here on campus, but I just couldn't keep up with everything, so they kindly asked me to step back so that someone else with more time could have the opportunity. ( I think it's a blessing in disguise!)


NOW... here's the REAL news... I've had two of my friends pestering me for WEEKS to join the swim team. I wasn't really excited for it, and wasn't even going to do it because I didn't want to have the time commitment. BUT... they won out in the end, so yesterday I went to the first practice of the semester for the BYU-Idaho Spartains! It practically killed me... and this morning I woke up SUPER SUPER SUPER sore, but surprisingly I'm REALLY excited for the season! As part of the practices we have "dryland" twice a week. Since it's not really a part of being on the team it isn't mandatory to go, but I decided it would be a good way to get out and exercise... so tonight I got to participate in a "dryland" practice. This too was crazy hard, and invovled a LOT of running. Let's just say by Friday I'm not sure I've even going to get out of bed! Oh the joys!


I decided that since I'm starting a REGULAR exercise schedule I needed to do my part and work on eating more healthy. SO after practice tonight I went to the store and bought banana's, spinach, peaches, whole grain bread, corn tortillas, and mozerella cheese (it's better for you because there is a lower fat content.... you learn something new everyday huh!?!?!) I also made a deal with a girl on my team that we would go off sugar (except on Sunday!). SO... hopefully by the end of the semster I'll be HEALTHY!!!! PARTY!!!!! :)


Well I think that's about all new in my life. OH... except everyone really needs to go see the movie Forever Strong. It's AMAZING! It is rated PG-13, for teen drinking, and there is a scene with girls in bikini's, but it is SO good! It has an amazing message!

2 comments:

Jeanne and Nelson said...

Most excellent blog. Party. Mom

erika said...

That is awesome Dianna! I'm so impressed....maybe I should go off sugar too :)
Can't wait to hear how the swim season goes!