Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Glorious Cycle of Life!

This weekend I got to go to Utah to see my family! It was awesome because all 23 1/2 of us were there!!!! My sister Melani is a drama teacher at Lehi Junior High and they were putting on the show the Pirates of Penzance this weekend! I don't know if any of you have ever gone to a play put on by a middle school, but usually they are kinda cheesy and not done very well. But alas, when one of my sisters is put in charge of something (especially if it's theatrical or creative) it turns out to be AMAZING! So needless to say the show was great! The costumes were awesome, the set rocked, the chorography was really fun, and the singing was about a good as you're gonna get at a junior high!!! :)

After the show my whole family got together up on the stage and took family pictures. I was surprised that with 10 kids it was still fairly quick and painless! Good job kids, I'm not sure I would have been able to stand there for more than like a minute when I was younger!!!!

The rest of the weekend I spent with my friend Babetta (super fun!). I also got to meet up with my cousin Derek who I haven't seen in literally 4 or 5 years! It was great to see him! :)

Now here's for a good adventure story... which Michael didn't seem to happy about, but honestly, life's more fun with a little bit of mystery and adventure right?! So last night on the way home Michael asked me to drive. Great! I love driving... and I had a lot on my mind, and driving is a good time to just listen to great tunes and think! So I'm driving and thinking, and listening to AWESOME Indie music (I like lots of kinds of music, but yesterday was definitely and Indie day!), anyways, I'd been driving for a good hour and half or so and Michael wakes up. He's like "Dianna, where are we?" And I was like, "I don't know... on the I-15 on the way back to Rexburg..?" So he just sat there for a few minutes in confussion, and then he turned to me and was like "no, dianna, we're on Highway 86 on the way to Twin Falls!" OOPS!!!! hahaha... so we pulled off into this small little town called Snowville (it was right on the border so I don't know if it was ID or UT) and Michael went in and got directions to get back to the I-15 without having to go through Twin Falls (which would have added probably a good 2 hours!) So we start driving down this fun old country highway for like 30 minutes till we get back to the I-15. Honestly I thought it was super fun!!!!!! :) And we still made it home in 4 hours and 45 minutes. So I told Michael he wasn't allowed to complain about it! :)

Here's the sad thing that came from this weekend. My niece Emily had the flu or something on Thursday when I got there, and this morning I think I woke up with it. NO FUN! I always seem to pick up everything that's getting passed around! The hard part about it is that I'm supposed to teach preschool tomorrow morning for part of my grade, and if I have the flu I can't do it, and I'm really not sure how that's gonna work out. AH for school!

Ok... so updates from my last blog. Well only one update really... KIFFER IS HOME!!!! Woohoo!!! He got home from his mission in Texas on Thursday! I haven't talked to him on the phone yet, but I've talked to him a few times online, and he seems a little shell shocked still. But I guess what can you expect after living a totally different lifestyle for two years, and then coming home and having everything change! I'm glad he's back though! :)

1 comments:

Sarah Wills said...

Hey Dianna!

I just wanted to say hi! I bet that you were a great preschool teacher :)
And I thought of Elder Worthlin's talk last General Conference when i read your story about almost going to twin falls. I thought it was pretty funny . .