Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Critters and Cute Things!

So as many of you know I'm teaching preschool this semester for one of my practicum classes! I'm not going to say that this class isn't hard, because it's SUPER hard... and takes a LOT of work! BUT... here's the up side... I get to make super cute props for my lessons. If I had a camera I would take pictures of them so that everyone could see, because honestly I'm super proud of my creations! But... I will tell you a little about some of them. This next week I'm doing a week on bugs. Well there are some REALLY cute things that you can make for a lesson on bugs when you're talking to 4 year olds! I'm currently working on ladybug finger puppets that the children can wear as we sing a song about ladybugs. They are really simple and may not sound cute, but they actually turned out really cute! You take red felt and cut out a circle with a little bump at the top for the head and then just take a balck permanant marker and color in the head and makes some dots. Than all I did was buy some little elastic from Wal-mart and hot glued it on the back in a loop that the kids can slip over their fingers! They are DANG CUTE! I really think their fun! I also make spiders out of pipe cleaners (and yes I know... spiders are arachnids NOT insects... Kiffer was kind enough to point that out to me... but I decided it's not going to ruin a 4 year olds life to think that a spider is an insect!) I also made a super cute butterfly puppet out of a glove and felt. Anyways... Just wanted to share! If anybody wants to teach 3-5 year olds about bugs I've got some fun ideas that I gathered up for my lessons! :)

3 comments:

Heidi and Ben Daniel said...

I'm so jealous. I got my associates in Prof. Preschool Ed. and I miss is SO much. Glad you're having fun!

Jessica said...

You're dang cute - you can come nanny my kids whenever:)

Katie said...

Hey Dianna! I think it is fantastic you are going into education! Have fun out there