Friday, May 30, 2008

How many men does it take to screw in a light bulb.....?

So you ever had one of those night where there is ABSOLUTELY nothing to do? When all your friends go out of town leaving you behind to fend for yourself. That's pretty much my night right now.... it's just me and my roommate Bailey, sitting in our room trying to find something to do. I know it's hopeless when I've texted everyone in my phone to see what's going on... and I only get a few responses, saying that their going on dates, or hanging out with so and so, and there are no invitaitons thrown our way. While those people that we really wanna hang out with don't respond at all. What is that about?
So this week started out AMAZING! I got to go to Utah to visit my brother Stephen and his wife Rosie, and it was really fun! THEN I got to go on a GREAT date just to top off the end of the wknd! It really was just awesome.... then it all went KAPLOO. I find out that I had to stay in Rexburg for two days longer in order to take a mid-term. So on Thursday night I stood in the parking lot waving goodbye to all my girl friends from home and they leave to drive home for another friends wedding reception. Leaving me behind just WAITING for a chance to come home later. (which I'm SO glad my sisters are heading up on Saturday so I can go with them. I would have been REALLY sad if I couldn't have gone to the reception.)
THEN... I spend the rest of the week sitting around waiting for some sort of communication from the unknown land of boys. You know those weeks where you can't focus on ANYTHING... especially homework because there's just too many other things on your mind... that's this week, and let me tell you... that's FRUSTRATING. Especially when there is a pile of homework waiting to be done.
So I guess the question is... do I spend my friday night sitting in my room watching a movie with my roommate? Do I march over to someones apartment and DEMAND that someone come do something with me before I scream? Or do I go to the library and spend my precious Friday night in the books? I just don't know what to do.... But it is now 7:43 on a Friday night, and there are NO prospects for a fun night.....

2 comments:

Loughmiller's said...

I have been there and done that. WOw, you just took me back to memory lane. In your spot we just started calling people for a get together, or start walking the campus, you will find something going on there. or not! :) good luck!

marian said...

sleep?!